Dates: Sunday June 14, 2015 (leave United States June 13) – June 23, 2015 (10 days and 9 nights). Group size: Maximum of 12. Cost: $5,499.00 per person (excluding airfare, single supplement $1,085.00 additional). Includes all accommodations, many meals, transportation and extras per the Itinerary and Inclusions. Special early-registration discount of $500 for registrations with paid deposit before January 31, 2015 (so early-bird per person cost is only $4,999).
First come, first served. To reserve your space on this exciting trip, you must do the following right away:
- The trip deposit is $500. Please drop me an email if you would like to pay the deposit with a credit card and I will send you a Paypal invoice OR write a check to Harold Davis for $500. The deposit is refundable until the minimum group size is met, and I will not cash your deposit check, until the minimum group size is met.
- Click here for the registration form. Print it, fill it out, and mail it to me.
- Photocopy your passport photo page, and send it along with the registration form. Make sure your passport does not expire until after February 1, 2016.
- Send an email at [email protected] to let me know that you’ve mailed the registration materials with a check (or paid your deposit using Paypal).
To help me get organized, and to make sure that I can run this unique photographic tour, please mail your materials right away to:Harold Davis 632 San Fernando Ave Berkeley, CA 94707 Trip overview: This photographic adventure is a tale of three cities! We will explore the stately, elegant and photogenic imperial cities of Prague, Vienna and Budapest. We’ll stay in centrally located 4-star (or better) hotels in each imperial city. Highlights include a visit to Prague Castle, night photography in Prague, a scenic coach drive to Vienna, photography in Vienna, hydrofoil transfer on the Danube River from Vienna to Budapest and an intimate walking tour of Budapest. Please consider joining noted photographer Harold Davis for a fun photographic time in these three great cities! (see Itinerary for details). Hotels (4-star or better, see itinerary for details) are centrally located and convenient for photography.
Please email me with any questions at [email protected]. Total cost for the trip is $5,499.00 per person ($1,085.00 single supplement) as listed on the itinerary. (Early registration discount of $500 applies for registrations before Jan 15, 2015.) Trip cost includes:
- Workshop participation with master photographer Harold Davis
- 3 nights in Prague at Grand Hotel Bohemia (or similar)
- 3 nights in Vienna at Best Western Hotel Kaiserhof (or similar)’
- 3 nights in Budapest at Corinthia Hotel Budapest (or similar)
- All breakfasts, 3 lunches and 4 dinners as indicated
- Local guides as indicated
- Tranfers per the itinerary for Prague Castle visit, Schonbrunn Palace visit and Castle Hill/Matthias Church visit
- Entrance fees per the itinerary for Prague Castle, Schonnbrun Palace and Mathias Church
- Transport between Prague and Vienna by private coach
- Transport between Vienna and Budapest by Hydrofoil (see note)
The following are excluded from the trip cost:
- International airfare
- Meals, transfers and entrance fees except as mentioned in the itinerary
- Alcohol and soft drinks at meals
- Souvenirs and incidental expenses
Note: Transfer from Vienna to Budapest by Hydrofoil is subject to availability based on 2015 schedule (not yet published).
Please note that the balance of payments will be to Rama Tours. $1,500 will be due March 15, 2015 and the final balance on April 17, 2015. Rama Tours can be paid by check or credit card (Discover, Mastercard or Visa). If a credit card is used, a signed authorization form along with a photocopy of your credit card will be required. Trip insurance is very highly recommended. Click here for more information about travel insurance. Purchasing trip insurance when you make your deposit usually means that pre-existing conditions are not excluded from coverage.
REFUND POLICY: All cancellations must be in writing.The initial $500 deposit is non-refundable unless we cancel or reschedule the trip, in which case the deposit is refundable. For cancellations where the traveler is not at fault or not in violation of the terms and conditions stated herein (e.g., cancellation of the tour prior to departure), a full and prompt refund will be made for all services not provided except for the non-refundable deposit of $500. Note that there is no refund for partial or unused land arrangements declined by the traveler. The following penalties will apply: Up to March 15, 2015 – $500 per person deposit plus any unrecoverable payments to hotels, tour operators or airlines; March 15, 2015 or after – No refund.
About Harold Davis
Harold Davis is an internationally-known digital artist and award-winning professional photographer. He is the author of many photography books. His most recent titles are The Way of the Digital Photographer (Peachpit) and Monochromatic HDR Photography (Focal Press).
In addition to his activity as a bestselling book author, Harold Davis is a Moab Master printmaker and a Zeiss Lens Ambassador. Harold Davis’s work is widely collected, licensed by art publishers, and has appeared in numerous magazines and other publications. His black and white prints have been described as “hauntingly beautiful” by Fine Art Printer Magazine, and his floral prints have been called “ethereal,” with “a purity and translucence that borders on spiritual” by Popular Photography.
Harold Davis leads popular technique and destination photography workshops to many locations including Paris, France; Heidelberg, Germany; and the ancient Bristlecone Pines of the eastern Sierra Nevada.
Click here for the registration form. Print it, fill it out, and mail it to me.