April 26 – May 4, 2014
9 Days in Paris with Harold Davis
Offered in cooperation with Accolades International Tours for the Arts, A division of Group Travel Directors
2000 West 98th Street
Minneapolis MN 55431-2593
Phone: 952-881-7811; Toll Free: 800-747-2255; Fax: 952-881-6276
For more information, please contact Sarah Loan Nolte, [email protected]
Photography begins with the medium of light, which the artist captures and applies to the canvas in endlessly surprising ways. And what better place to explore this medium than Paris, the City of Light?
Join acclaimed photographer Harold Davis for the experience of a lifetime in Paris, the birthplace of photography. There you’ll have the opportunity to experience firsthand the places and sights that have inspired artists for centuries.
We’ll focus our lenses on Paris in bloom, Paris at night, and Paris in black & white, reinterpreting for ourselves some of the images that have been captured in paint and on film by many great artists, including Daguerre, Monet, Atget, Picasso, and Erwitt. We’ll have a grand time photographing and we’ll return home with many priceless shots to treasure!
Here’s what participants in the 2013 Photograph Paris with Harold Davis Workshop had to say:
- “Had an awesome time with Harold and the workshop participants. Itching to go back. If you’re a photographer, Paris at night is a ‘Must Do!’. Put it on your bucket list ‘cause you may not see this in Heaven.”
- “Photographing Paris at night in the company of a group of fellow photographers had instant appeal. Inspired by the scenes of Brassai, I imagined myself at the top of the steps at Montmartre, taking wonderful black-and-white images. I already admired Harold Davis, and had confidence that he would lead us to fantastic places – and he did! What came as a delightful surprise was the level of talent and variety of approaches that my fellow travelers employed to capture the marvelous churches, gardens, and people of Paris, Giverny, and Fontainebleau. I learned from every one of them. And what an agreeable group of travel companions they were! A once-in-a-lifetime experience that I plan to repeat next spring!”
Registration information: Register online for the 2014 Photograph Paris with Harold Davis workshop. For more information, please call 800.747.2255 and ask for Sarah Loan at Extension 120, or email Sarah at [email protected].
Code: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Itinerary subject to change.
Saturday April 26, 2014 (D)
- Arrive Paris and transfer on own to Hôtel d’Orsay
- 3PM: Hôtel d’Orsay check-in
- 4PM: Group meeting in hotel lobby
- Explore local highlights with Harold
- 8:30PM: Welcome dinner
Sunday April 27, 2014 (B)
- 10AM: Meet in lobby for neighborhood orientation
- Understanding the Métro
- Where to buy picnics
- Buy picnic lunch for bus (optional)
- Neighborhood shops and laundromat
- Noon: Depart from hotel lobby on two-hour panoramic bus tour with guide
- Afternoon: Free time plus personal shooting
- 7PM: Meet guide in hotel lobby and proceed by metro to la Tour Montparnasse rooftop observation deck for night photography until closing time.
Monday April 28, 2014 (B)
- Morning: Explore Latin quarter, Ile de la Cité, and banks of the Seine
- 1:30PM: Depart for Giverny
- Picnic dinner at Giverny (or on bus) at own expense
- 6-8PM: After-hours shooting at Giverny
Tuesday April 29, 2014 (B)
- 10AM – 12:00: Photo review session
- Afternoon: Guided tour of Père Lachaise
Wednesday April 30, 2014 (B)
- Morning: Photo review, free time
- Afternoon: Group excursion destination tbd
Thursday May 1, 2014 (B) – National Holiday
- Morning: Walking tour of the Marais District with guide
- Free time for individual photo projects
- Night shoot at the Louvre
Friday May 2, 2014 (B, D)
- Photo review and classroom sessions
- Individual projects
- 11A: Excursion to Vaux-le-Vicomte with coach and guide
- 7:00P: Dinner at Bouillon Racine
- Walk back to hotel after dinner
Saturday May 3, 2014 (B, D)
- Morning: Guided walking tour of Montmartre
- Picnic lunch on own at Montmartre
- 6:30P: Meet in lobby and take metro to restaurant
- 7P: Farewell Dinner
- Ascend Eiffel tower for night photography
- Coach transfer back to hotel
Sunday May 4, 2014 (B)
- Morning: One group transfer with assistance to the airport
What’s included in the Paris Workshop with Harold Davis?
- EXPERT INSTRUCTION: Daily instruction in photography provided by Harold Davis.
- ACCOMMODATION: Eight nights’ accommodation in first class hotel, double occupancy, with private facilities. Hotel as listed or similar.
- MEALS: Breakfast daily and three dinners as outlined in the itinerary.
- GROUND TRANSPORT: Transportation by deluxe motor coach as outlined in the itinerary.
- SIGHTSEEING: Extensive sightseeing throughout; entrance fees included.
- PORTERAGE: Luggage handling of one piece per person.
- EXPERT GUIDES: An experienced English-speaking tour guide for touring as per the itinerary. Hosting and assistance throughout the tour provided by Mark Brokering, lifelong lover of Paris and all things French.
- GRATUITIES: Gratuities to drivers and guides (for your convenience, $37 per person has been included).
- ALL THE INFO YOU NEED: Comprehensive documentation including travel accessory, bag tags, name tags, flight and land itineraries, destination literature, customs information, travel tips and more.
Items that are not included:
- International airfare and taxes.
- Fuel surcharges and/or tax increases levied since the pricing of this tour.
- Beverages other than coffee/tea at breakfast.
- Any meal or sightseeing item not listed in the itinerary.
- Items of a personal nature.
- Optional insurance for health, baggage, and trip cancellation/interruption is not included and highly recommended. Please refer to the Travel Insurance section.
- Passport fees. A passport valid six months beyond date of reentry to the U.S. is required.
- No visa is required for U.S. citizens; non-U.S. citizens may require a visa.
Tour cost summary: $5639.00*
(*Costs per person are based on double occupancy in USD)
Discount for previous participation in Paris workshop: $500
Non-Photographer spouses: We welcome non-photographer spouses and significant others, subject to space limitations. We will offer a $250 discount for the non-photographer spouse or significant other, and provide a list of suggested activities.
Other Tour Costs
Optional Individual Supplements:
Single room cost $1399 in addition to base tour cost.
The tour cost is per person based on double occupancy, tariffs and currency valuations as of June 2013, a minimum of 17 travelers, and subject to confirmation. While we will do everything possible to maintain the listed price and/or itinerary, they are subject to change due to circumstances beyond our control. Single room supplements may have limited availability and are on a request basis only.
For Residents of California
Accolades International Tours for the Arts is registered as a seller of travel with the State of California: CST 2108836
Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the State of California.
As a seller of travel not based in California, Accolades International Tours for the Arts does not participate in the California Travel Consumer Restitution Fund.
California law requires that sellers of travel have a trust account or bond. Accolades International Tours for the Arts maintains a trust account.
These tour conditions are subject to confirmation of space and may change until contracts applicable to actual dates have been received and accepted by all parties involved.
- PAYMENT SCHEDULE: Your reservation and non-refundable deposit of $500 per person are requested
immediately to fulfill the group deadline requirements. Note that space is limited and reservations are taken on a first come, first served basis. A second payment of $1250 is due December 20, 2013. Final payment is due February 20, 2014. For credit card payment Accolades accepts Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.
- REFUND POLICY: All cancellations must be in writing. For cancellations where the traveler is not at fault or not in violation of the terms and conditions stated herein (e.g., cancellation of the tour prior to departure), a full and prompt refund will be made for all services not provided except for the non-refundable deposit (unless we cancel or reschedule the trip, in which case the deposit is refundable). Note that there is no refund for partial or unused land arrangements declined by the traveler. The following penalties will apply: Up to December 19, 2013 – $500 per person administrative fee plus any unrecoverable deposits; December 20, 2013 – April 11, 2014 – Deposit plus any unrecoverable payments to hotels, tour operators or airlines; April 12, 2014 or after – No refund.
- LATE BOOKINGS: Passengers registering within thirty days of tour departure will be charged a $50 per person fee. Tour payment in full is required before we can request and confirm space. This fee does not cover any additional airline or ground service charges.
Note to our travelers:
Be assured that Accolades continually monitors industry events, such as airline strikes, bankruptcies, etc. If any such events affect your tour, you will be notified. At the time this tour was developed there was no U.S. State Department Travel Warning in effect for this destination; please refer to the following website for current information or call Accolades. http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_1764.html
Accolades Travel Insurance:
Travel insurance is included as an option with the initial tour deposit and is highly recommended. Accolades offers a competitive policy from an independent company. By purchasing insurance at the time the tour deposit is made, you can be covered for events that may cause you to cancel or interrupt your trip, e.g., pre-existing medical conditions (certain restrictions apply). If you decline travel insurance at the time of reservation, you may purchase it within 14 days with the pre-existing conditions waiver or you may purchase it later without the pre-existing conditions waiver. You may contact Travel Insured International for further information before making your decision: 800-243-3174.
Accolades Travel Insurance Inclusions:
Trip Cancellation: Up to Tour Cost*
Trip Interruption: Up to 150% of Tour Cost**
Travel Delay: $750
Missed Connection: $300
Baggage Delay: $200
Medical Expense: $50,000
Accidental Death: $10,000
Assistance Service: Included
* A maximum of $3500 per person
** A maximum of $5250 per person
Cost of this optional Accolades Travel Insurance is $320 per person. Additional coverage provided as needed; the full cost of your tour must be covered*. NOTE: Residents of Indiana, New Hampshire, and Washington will receive a state-specific Description of Coverage, which can also be requested by calling 866-684-0218.
Conditions and Responsibility:
Group Travel Directors (GTD) dba Accolades International Tours for the Arts provides customized travel planning throughout the world for group travelers who have a variety of reasons and goals for travel. The goals and/or opinions of these groups do not reflect or imply the position of GTD in any matter. Brochure contents may not be duplicated without permission from GTD. In offering these travel arrangements, Group Travel Directors, Inc. (GTD) acts solely as an agent for the sale of air transportation and other travel related services. GTD maintains no control over the personnel, equipment or operations of any entity furnishing services, products or accommodations. GTD assumes no responsibility or liability for, and shall not be expected, asked or required to pay for any injury, damage, expense, personal injury, property damage, inconvenience or any other loss experienced by reason of: (1) any intentional, wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any supplier, its agents or employees; (2) any defect, breakdown or other failure of any vehicle, equipment, service, product or other instrumentality which is owned, operated or otherwise used by a supplier; (3) any intentional, wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other party not under the direct control of GTD; (4) financial problems or default causing nonperformance by any supplier; or (5) any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the direct control of GTD. GTD cannot guarantee any rates, bookings or reservations of any supplier. Your retention of tickets, reservations or bookings after issuance shall constitute a consent to the foregoing provisions. All prices quoted are subject to change if airlines or ground operators increase their prices, the U.S. dollar is devalued significantly against foreign currencies, the group falls below minimum numbers, or a fuel surcharge, government tax or user’s fee is imposed. Baggage and personal effects are the sole responsibility of the owners at all times. GTD reserves the right to withdraw from any tour any tour member whose conduct is incompatible with the interests of the group as a whole. The above Conditions and Responsibility also includes the group leaders and their respective organizations.
For more information about the 2014 Photograph Paris with Harold Davis Workshop, please contact:
632 San Fernando Ave
Berkeley, CA 94707
Also, you may contact:
2014 Photograph Paris with Harold Davis * April 26 – May 4, 2014 *Ref. No. 140404
Please provide your name as it appears (or will appear) on your passport:
Date of Birth:__________
City State Zip
Telephone (day) (evening)
Email Roommate or single supplement
Deposit/Travel Insurance (please check one): You may also register online at www.gtd.org.
I/we choose the following deposit option:
$820 per person inclusive of travel insurance for the main tour – see above.
$500 per person without travel insurance. I/we decline insurance now, but understand it
can be purchased later per information provided elsewhere in this flyer.
$820 / $500 X _________ person(s) = $__________________total deposit.
Please make checks payable to GTD#140404 or provide your credit card information.
Type of card (circle one) VISA MasterCard American Express Discover
Expiration date Security Code:
Name as it appears on card
Billing address for card
I/we have read and understand the conditions of the tour.
Accolades International Tours for the Arts – 2000 West 98th Street – Minneapolis MN 55431-2593