We manage our workshops and events using the Photography with Harold Davis Meetup group:
Current and Upcoming Harold Davis Workshop Offerings
- 2013.12.07—2013.12.08—Photographing Flowers for Transparency: Two Day Workshop with Harold Davis—a unique opportunity to learn Harold’s techniques, workshop location is Berkeley, California (Workshop Full, please consider the February session).
- 2014.01.14—Marin Photo Club: My presentation topic will be “The Art and Craft of Digital Photography.” In the context of my work, I will show how understanding photography and post-production work together to inform the basis of a new art form. The next segment of the presentation will survey some of the sources of creativity, in the context of some Zen ways of thinking—such as the utility of seeing the world with “beginner’s mind.” I will demonstrate and provide and overview of some of my unique processing techniques. Finally, for those that are interested, I will discuss digital printmaking, and show some of my prints on interesting substrates, such as Moenkopi Unryu washi and Moab Slickrock Silver.
- 2014.01.25—2014.01.26—Mastering Creative Photoshop: The Way of the Digital Photographer—This workshop covers developing a personal digital Photoshop workflow. Topics explained in detail include archiving and checkpoints, RAW processing, multi-RAW processing, HDR, hand-HDR, stacking, LAB color creative effects, monochromatic conversions, using backgrounds and textures, layers, layers masks, working with channels, Photoshop filters, and plugins from Nik Software, onOne Software, and Topaz—Space is available, click here for info and to register.
- 2014.02.22—2014.02.23—Photographing Flowers for Transparency: Two Day Workshop with Harold Davis—a unique opportunity to learn Harold’s techniques, workshop location is Berkeley, California (Space is available, click here for information and registration).
- 2014.03.15—Achieving Your Potential As a Digital Photographer: A Multi-Modal Ongoing Six Month Workshop–This workshop provides a platform for ongoing mentoring in the context of a supportive group environment. Customized individual assignments will be given. After the initial intensive two-day in-person session, we will keep in touch with monthly private group online webinars and individual phone or email consultations. A final dinner to review work and celebrate our progress will be provided at the conclusion of the workshop. Limited to 12 photographers. A portfolio review is required—Limited space availability, click here for info and instructions on how to apply.
- 2014.04.15—Full Moon Workshop: Photograph the Golden Gate Bridge Like You Never Have Before: hands-on adventure with Harold Davis (Limited space availability, click here for information and registration).
- 2014.04.26-2014.05.04—Photograph Paris with Harold Davis featuring Paris at night, the gardens at Giverny, black & white, and more. Click here for detailed information and itinerary, and click here for online registration.
- 2014.6.27-2014.6.30—Creative Flower Photography, in Heidelberg, Germany. I don’t have a registration link for this workshop yet, which is being sponsored by a German publisher, but if you are interested please drop me an email, and I can let you know when registration is available.
- 2014.7.04-2014.7.07—Creative Black & White Photography and Monochromatic HDR, in Heidelberg, Germany. I don’t have a registration link for this workshop yet, which is being sponsored by a German publisher, but if you are interested please drop me an email, and I can let you know when registration is available.
Harold’s workshops are often sold-out, and fill up quickly. To avoid disappointment, please register early. Feel free to contact Harold Davis if you have any questions about our workshops!
What folks have said about Harold Davis workshops and events:
- “A great artist and speaker!”—W. Anglin
- “Harold is genuine, generous, and gracious – He has a world of knowledge and expertise that he loves to share – his wonderful books show his monumental talents and skill set- his workshops shows the depth of his connecting with others in a very real and personal way.”—P. Borrelli
- “Awesome! He patiently addressed questions from the audience which contained photographers of all levels , molding his answers to the level of understanding for each of us. His presentations covered a wonderful range of technical knowledge as well as emphasizing the need for images to have an emotional quality. The images he shares are breathtaking and he is generous in sharing many facets of how he captures such beauty.”—J. Phillips
- “Not all photographers are good verbal communicators. Harold is someone who can DO and TEACH. A rare combination of talents.”—B. Sawyer
- “He was very giving of his talents and time. The course was very organized and thorough. Loved it! Learned so much! … I also wanted to let you know that I have more than paid the cost of the workshops I’ve done with you by selling some photos! I have sold three prints already.”—L. Beck
- “Very creative and a marvelous instructor.”—Kay S.