- Exhibition of Harold Davis photography at Shoh Gallery, Berkeley, CA. Exhibition features large-scale prints, and continues through November 25, 2017.
- Tuesday December 5 at 2PM PT—free webinar sponsored by Topaz Labs, registration link TBA.
- Destination Photography Workshop to the Romantic Southwest of France, April 19-27, 2018—hosted once again at the wonderful Mas de Garrigue; click here for the Prospectus, here for the detailed itinerary, and here for the Reservation Form. (Workshop is full—please contact us for wait list or for advance info about workshops in the planning stages!)
- PhotoPills Camp, Menorca, May 13-20, 2018. Click here for more info.
- Photographing Flowers for Transparency—Covers Harold’s light box and floral photography and post-production techniques; two-day workshop Saturday June 23 and Sunday June 24, 2017 located in beautiful downtown Berkeley, CA; enrollment opens January 2018 on a first-come-first-served basis. Click here for more information.
- Workshops in Heidelberg, Germany, mid-August 2018. Details to be announced.
- Dark of the Moon Night Photography in the Eastern Sierras, September 7-10, 2018. Join award-winning photographer Harold Davis, author of the bestselling Creative Night: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques (Wiley), and distinguished night photographer Steven Christenson of Star Circle Academy for a once in a lifetime adventure practicing night photography in the rugged and beautiful Eastern Sierra Nevada Mountains of California. Enrollment opens January 2018 on a first-come-first-served basis. Click here for more information.
- Days and Knights of Malta Photo Tour, November 3-12, 2018—click here for the Prospectus and here for the Reservation form. Please stand by for detailed itinerary to follow. Early-bird special pricing ($500 pp discount) through January 1, 2018.
- Photograph Paris in April with Harold Davis (co-host Mark Brokering), April 13-21, 2019; explore and photograph the City of Light; Destination Photography Workshop includes several excursions, including after-hours photography exclusive to artists at Monet’s gardens at Giverny. Click here for more information and here for the Reservation Form; please contact us for more information.
- Exploring Cathar Country and the Pyrenees-Orientales: A Photographic Journey with Harold Davis, April 27-May 6, 2019—Click here for overview information, here to download the detailed itinerary PDF, and here for the Reservation Form (note that we have rescheduled from 2018).
Harold’s workshops are often sold-out, and fill up quickly. To avoid disappointment, please register early. Feel free to contact Harold Davis if you have any questions about our workshops! Please also consider Harold’s online webinar recordings and his Photographing Flowers course with Craftsy.
We arrange many of our workshops and events using the Photography with Harold Davis Meetup group. Click here for Group and Workshop reviews on Meetup. Please subscribe to our list and/or blog feed for early notification about new workshop offerings.
What folks have said about Harold Davis workshops and events:
- “A great artist and speaker!”—W. Anglin
- “Harold is genuine, generous, and gracious – He has a world of knowledge and expertise that he loves to share – his wonderful books show his monumental talents and skill set- his workshops shows the depth of his connecting with others in a very real and personal way.”—P. Borrelli
- “Awesome! He patiently addressed questions from the audience which contained photographers of all levels , molding his answers to the level of understanding for each of us. His presentations covered a wonderful range of technical knowledge as well as emphasizing the need for images to have an emotional quality. The images he shares are breathtaking and he is generous in sharing many facets of how he captures such beauty.”—J. Phillips
- “Not all photographers are good verbal communicators. Harold is someone who can DO and TEACH. A rare combination of talents.”—B. Sawyer
- “He was very giving of his talents and time. The course was very organized and thorough. Loved it! Learned so much! … I also wanted to let you know that I have more than paid the cost of the workshops I’ve done with you by selling some photos! I have sold three prints already.”—L. Beck
- “Very creative and a marvelous instructor.”—Kay S.
Want to see what joining a Harold Davis destination photo workshop was like for one participant? Check out this wonderful PDF book by Romantic Southwest of France participant Katie Kutschinski (thanks Katie!!!).