- Destination Photography Workshop to the Romantic Southwest of France, April 19-27, 2018—hosted once again at the wonderful Mas de Garrigue; click here for the Prospectus, here for the detailed itinerary, and here for the Reservation Form. (Workshop is full!)
- PhotoPills Camp, Menorca, May 13-20, 2018. The Camp is now full, but click here for the Waiting List!
- Photographing Flowers for Transparency—Covers Harold’s light box and floral photography and post-production techniques; two-day workshop Saturday June 23 and Sunday June 24, 2018 located in beautiful downtown Berkeley, CA; only one space open! In response to numerous questions, this will be the only Photographing Flowers for Transparency workshop led by Harold Davis in 2018 anywhere in the world. Click here to register via Meetup.
- Garden Photography – Capturing the Great Gardens of Maine, Maine Media Workshops, August 5-10, 2018, registration is now open, click here for information and registration!
- Workshops in Heidelberg, Germany, August 17-18 (Black & White Photography; click here for info and registration) and August 19-20 (Night and Low Light; click here for info and registration).
- Dark of the Moon Night Photography in the Eastern Sierras, September 7-10, 2018. Join award-winning photographer Harold Davis, author of the bestselling Creative Night: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques (Wiley), and distinguished night photographer Steven Christenson of Star Circle Academy for a once in a lifetime adventure practicing night photography in the rugged and beautiful Eastern Sierra Nevada Mountains of California. Enrollment is now open! Click here to register via Meetup.
- Days and Knights of Malta Photo Tour, November 3-12, 2018—click here for the Prospectus and here for the Reservation form. Early-bird special pricing ($500 pp discount) end December 31, 2017.
- Photograph Paris in April with Harold Davis (co-host Mark Brokering), April 27-May 5, 2019; explore and photograph the City of Light; Destination Photography Workshop includes several excursions, including after-hours photography exclusive to artists at Monet’s gardens at Giverny. Click here for more information and here for the Reservation Form; please contact us for more information. We look forward very much to photographing Paris in the spring with you!
- Exploring Cathar Country and the Pyrenees-Orientales: A Photographic Journey with Harold Davis, May 7-16, 2019—Click here for overview information, here to download the detailed itinerary PDF, and here for the Reservation Form. This unique adventure includes photography of incredible southwestern France locations with a quest to understand the Cathar movement and history as a crucible for Western civilization.
Harold’s workshops are often sold-out, and fill up quickly. To avoid disappointment, please register early. Feel free to contact Harold Davis if you have any questions about our workshops! Please also consider Harold’s online webinar recordings and his Photographing Flowers course with Craftsy.
We arrange many of our workshops and events using the Photography with Harold Davis Meetup group. Click here for Group and Workshop reviews on Meetup. Please subscribe to our list and/or blog feed for early notification about new workshop offerings.
What folks have said about Harold Davis workshops and events:
- “A great artist and speaker!”—W. Anglin
- “Harold is genuine, generous, and gracious – He has a world of knowledge and expertise that he loves to share – his wonderful books show his monumental talents and skill set- his workshops shows the depth of his connecting with others in a very real and personal way.”—P. Borrelli
- “Awesome! He patiently addressed questions from the audience which contained photographers of all levels , molding his answers to the level of understanding for each of us. His presentations covered a wonderful range of technical knowledge as well as emphasizing the need for images to have an emotional quality. The images he shares are breathtaking and he is generous in sharing many facets of how he captures such beauty.”—J. Phillips
- “Not all photographers are good verbal communicators. Harold is someone who can DO and TEACH. A rare combination of talents.”—B. Sawyer
- “He was very giving of his talents and time. The course was very organized and thorough. Loved it! Learned so much! … I also wanted to let you know that I have more than paid the cost of the workshops I’ve done with you by selling some photos! I have sold three prints already.”—L. Beck
- “Very creative and a marvelous instructor.”—Kay S.