What is a Harold Davis webinar recording? A webinar recording is the video and audio of an online presentation made by Harold Davis. Generally, Harold’s webinars are divided into two parts. There is a slide show giving an overview and some inspirational ideas along with workflow bullet points. The slide show is followed by “screen casting” showing actual examples in Photoshop and other applications. Sometimes the webinar recording includes questions and answers with the “live” audience.
Why did Harold start giving and recording webinars? Harold says, “Many people can’t get to, or can’t afford, my live workshops. I’ve been looking for a way to deliver targeted information in a cost-effective way that will work for a dispersed audience. My idea is to present specific fairly technical techniques that have a widespread interest and application—but are simply too narrow to be made into a book or complete online course. Webinar technology has advanced to a point where it is feasible for me to do this, but it has been interesting being my own producer, director and technician as well as the talent and author behind the materials.”
Why the live sessions? Why didn’t Harold just make a video and audio recording with no audience? In his “real life” workshops, Harold thrives on interactions with participants. So he felt that having an audience who could ask questions would add energy to the recordings, and also help him to clarify points that might be puzzling that Harold had overlooked or passed over too quickly.
How can I find out about upcoming live webinar sessions? Please check our Workshops & Events page for upcoming offerings.
How much does it cost to buy access to one of your webinar recordings? Access to each online webinar recording is $19.95, paid via Paypal.
If I buy access to a webinar recording, what do I get? You get online access as often as you’d like to the webinar recording so that you can stop and start it, and replay portions that interest you.
How long are your webinar recordings? The length of each webinar recording varies between one hour and two hours, with a typical webinar recording running about 75 minutes.
What is the difference between a webinar live session and a recording? In a webinar live session you can interact with Harold and ask questions. Normally, seats are very limited. Check our Workshops & Events page for upcoming live sessions, which are priced at $29.95 and includes access to the recording. A recording is, as the name implies, simply a recording of the audio and video of a specific webinar session, with access normally available for $19.95.
Can I watch the webinar recording more than once? Absolutely. Yes.
Are these webinar recordings of professional quality? In a word, no. We’ve been working hard to improve the quality of the webinar recordings. Harold puts it this way: “I’d be the first to admit that my series of webinar recordings are home-grown. These are not highly polished, and they show the actual techniques I use in real time. The advantage of attending a live session (seats are very limited) is that if anything puzzles you, you can ask questions. Note that the cost of the live session also includes unlimited access to the webinar recording at no additional cost.”
Where are the webinar recordings hosted? The webinars are currently hosted on Anymeeting.com.
What should I do if I have problems registering for a webinar recording? Sometimes the Anymeeting registration software can be a little “flakey”. One step that has helped some people is to change web browsers. If that doesn’t resolve your problem, please feel free to contact Anymeeting technical support. Here are the minimum system requirements for using the Anymeeting software.
You can also drop us an email, and we will send you a Paypal invoice. When that is paid we can register you manually.
What webinar recordings do you have available, and how do I sign up for access? Here are the links for the current webinar recording offerings ($19.95 each for unlimited access):
- Converting to Black & White with Photoshop and Nik Silver Efex
- Painting in Transparency Using a High-Key Layer Stack Webinar Recording
- Using Backgrounds and Textures Webinar recording
- Selective Sharpening with LAB Color with Harold Davis
- Photoshop Layers 101 Webinar Recording
- Creative Use of LAB Color Webinar Recording
Where can I get an overall idea of what is in each webinar recording? Check out www.digitalfieldguide.com/learning/webinar-recordings.
Do you have any live webinars coming up that I might join? We often have live webinars in the works on a variety of topics. For current listings, please see our Workshops & Events page. Right now, the world premier live session of Making Memorable Travel Photos is scheduled for Saturday October 11, 2014.
What do folks think after viewing your webinar recordings? Here is what some webinar viewers have said:
- “Watching Harold work on his imagery, as he would in ‘real-life’, has helped me lock-in techniques that I had read about, but were only theoretical to me. It’s great to have multiple delivery channels for Harold’s information, and I now feel confident I can succeed.”
- “I love your webinars!!!”
- “Layers used to scare me. Now, thank to Harold’s gentle approach, I can begin to unleash to full power of Photoshop!”
- “I had read all I could about painting in transparency but only with your layer-by-layer demonstration did it all come together.”
- “Very informative. All my questions were answered.”
- “It was great to see actual examples and Harold using this technique with his own imagery!”
- “Totally exciting creative process, Harold! I am looking forward to bringing these techniques into my own work.”
- “I have been using textures for a while, but watching this webinar filled in some gaps for me. Great information.”
- “Up all night and enthused about textures after watching your video. Great info about layer masking. Thanks!”
- “You hit the mark for me, Harold! Filled in all the gaps. Thank you!”