I’ve just been photographing a lily inside, meaning: the inside of the lily *and* the photography is inside.
It’s interesting: sometimes a macro shot with low depth of field, like this one, is more appealing that a shot stopped all the way down (so that everything is in focus). Judge for yourself: here’s a link to some more of the pictures I took just now inside the lily on flickr!
I expect to be away in the mountains with Julian (who just turned eight), so I won’t be posting for a while. In the meantime, here’s a roundup of technique pieces I’ve written recently. Enjoy!
- The World in a Marble
- Fresco Flower
- Aren’t They Marbelous?
- Processing a Digital Photo
- Fun with Phlowrs and Photoshop
- Opening Camera RAW in Photoshop CS2
- The Evolution of Photography
- Without My Polarizer I Am Blue
- Would Ansel Like Digital?
- Shine On, Ersatz Moon
- Yosemite without People
- It’s the Lens, Baby