I’m very pleased to announce the 2014 Photograph Paris with Harold Davis Workshop, from April 26-May 4, 2014. Click here for the complete itinerary, terms and conditions, and online registration. A $500 per person “early-bird” discount applies if you enroll before September 1, 2013.
It is my fond hope that you’ll join Mark Brokering and myself for the extraordinary experience of photography in Paris, the City of Light. The 2014 workshop will once again be located at the wonderful and atmospheric Hotel Lutetia.
We’ve included many of the highlights from the 2013 workshop for this occasion, such as the visit to Monet’s garden at Giverny with after hours access (one of my personal favorites from 2013), and also added a day. If you check out the itinerary, I think you’ll also see some wonderful locations we didn’t get to last time, such as the top of the Tour Montparnasse at night, the Parc de Sceaux, and Père Lachaise.
As one of the participants in last year’s workshop said, put Paris “on your bucket list ‘cause you may not see this in Heaven.”
Photography begins with the medium of light, which the artist captures and applies to the canvas in endlessly surprising ways. And what better place to explore this medium than Paris, the City of Light?
Join acclaimed photographer Harold Davis for the experience of a lifetime in Paris, the birthplace of photography. There you’ll have the opportunity to experience firsthand the places and sights that have inspired artists for centuries.
We’ll focus our lenses on Paris in bloom, Paris at night, and Paris in black & white, reinterpreting for ourselves some of the images that have been captured in paint and on film by many great artists, including Daguerre, Monet, Atget, Picasso, and Erwitt. We’ll have a grand time photographing and we’ll return home with many priceless shots to treasure!
“I already admired Harold Davis, and had confidence that he would lead us to fantastic places – and he did!”—2013 Paris workshop participant
2014 Photograph Paris with Harold Davis Quick facts and links:
- Workshop hosts: Harold Davis, master photographer, and Mark Brokering, life-long lover of all things Parisian
- Workshop duration: nine packed days (eight nights), April 26-May 4, 2014—see itinerary for details
- Accomodations: At the historic, elegant and charming 4-star Hotel Lutetia in the heart of the fashionable left-bank of Paris
- Online workshop e-Brochure
- Detailed itinerary and terms and conditions
- 2014 Photograph Paris with Harold Davis registration
- Workshop fee: $5639.00
- “Early-bird” Discount: $500, applies through September 1, 2013
- Discount for attending previous Harold Davis destination workshop: $500
- 2014 Photograph Paris with Harold Davis on Meetup.com
- 2013 Photograph Paris with Harold Davis on Meetup.com
- 2013 Photograph Paris photo album on Meetup.com
- Photography of Paris on Harold Davis’s blog