Are you intrigued by transparent flower photos? Ever wanted to know how to make them? Well, here’s your chance!
With photography on a light box, once you photograph a bracketed high-key exposure sequence, then the the next step is to assemble a layer stack. As you build your layer stack, successively darker layers are masked and painted in to create the illusion of transparency. The results surprise and delight!
Digital artist and master photographer Harold Davis states, “My transparent botanical art has been greatly acclaimed and emulated. Flowers can create the most beautiful compositions. Photographers who are interested in photographing flowers should give this technique a try. Certainly, one of the most sensitive parts of the process is painting in the high-key layer stack.”
Learn this exciting technique from its creator! This webinar will be full of examples and have ample time for Q & A. Register for Painting in Transparency Using a High-Key Layer Stack Webinar with Harold Davis today (details below).
The Painting in Transparency Using a High-Key Layer Stack Webinar with Harold Davis covers:
- Photographing a bracketed high-key sequence on a light box
- Workflow considerations and options
- Multi-RAW processing layers as needed
- Creating the layer stack in Photoshop
- Adding a layer mask
- Using the Brush Tool
- Using the Gradient Tool
- Next steps after the layer stack has been created
When: The live webinar session will take place on Saturday, May 31, 2014, starting at 3PM PT. The webinar is scheduled for one hour, with additional time for Q&A. The session will be recorded, and you can review the recording at your convenience.
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of Photoshop.
Where: At your computer, anywhere.
Cost: The registration fee for the live webinar is $29.95. This includes access to the recording of the webinar session. The cost for access to the webinar recording alone (this will be available after the session) is $19.95.
Registration: Registration for the Using Backgrounds and Textures with Harold Davis is limited to 20 participants. Click here to register for the webinar. Seats are very limited, so register now to avoid disappointment.
- 2014.05.24—Selective Sharpening with LAB Color Webinar with Harold Davis. Click here for information and here to register. There is a nominal charge.
- 2014.05.29—Using Backgrounds and Textures with Harold Davis. Click here for information and here to register. There is a nominal charge.
- 2014.05.31—Painting in Transparency Using a High-Key Layer Stack Webinar with Harold Davis. Click here for information and here to register.