If you are interested in photographing flowers, please consider the session of the Photographing Flowers for Transparency with Harold Davis workshop that I am holding Saturday, October 4—Sunday, October 5, 2014. Click here for information and online registration for the October 2014 Photographing Flowers for Transparency workshop.
In this unique workshop offering master photographer Harold Davis shows the techniques he uses to create his floral masterpieces. Arrangement, composition, photography, post-production will all be covered, as will Harold’s special techniques for shooting on a light box. Why not learn these techniques from the acknowledged master who has pioneered them?
We have no schedule plans to offer another section of this popular workshop! Don’t miss this opportunity.
Bonus (optional) offering: Saturday after the workshop we will photograph San Francisco and views of the Golden Gate from sunset into night from the Berkeley Municipal Pier. There is no charge for workshop participants.
Here are some details about the workshop:
Master photographer Harold Davis is well-known for his often imitated—but seldom equaled—digital images of luscious transparent and translucent flowers.
In this unique workshop offering master photographer Harold Davis shows the techniques he uses to create his floral masterpieces. Arrangement, composition, photography, post-production will all be covered, as will Harold’s special techniques for shooting on a light box.
Who is this workshop for? The workshop is intended for photographers of all levels with an interest in flower photography.
Harold gives this workshop very infrequently. There is no better way to learn the floral transparency techniques that he has pioneered. The two-day format will give participants the chance to complete their imagery using the techniques that Harold will demonstrate.
Here are some comments from earlier Floral Transparency Workshops:
- “Loved the pace, in-depth instruction and generous sharing.”
- “EXCELLENT PRESENTATION AND COVERAGE OF MATERIAL. MR. DAVIS WAS PATIENT TO ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS.”
- “Harold, thank you for the time, expense and effort it took to put on a great one-day workshop….You are a wealth of information and share it so graciously.”
- “Outstanding workshop!”
- “A very packed day! Harold is very clear and organized; an outstanding photographer who is also an outstanding teacher.”
- “Thank you for an amazing weekend workshop. Have waited a long time to take this workshop. The weekend flew by. Have much to digest and process. Highly recommended.”
- “Learned a new photographic technique that I can apply not only to flowers, but to other subject materials.”
- “A great workshop! Learned about creating translucent flower photographs and also about important features of Photoshop.”
- “Great workshop with a good balance of instruction and practical application. Plenty of opportunity to ask questions and more importantly get answers.”
Where: MIG Meeting Place, 800 Hearst Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94710
When: Saturday October 4, 2014, 9:30AM to 5:30PM and Sunday October 5, 2013, 10:00AM to 5:00PM
Tuition: The cost of the workshop is $745 per person