I have two places left in Achieving Your Potential as a Photographer (March 12-13, and ongoing mentoring), and two for Paris Photography in the Spring. These won’t last long, so if you are interested in either please let us know right away!
Achieve Your Potential in 2016
The 2016 edition of Achieving Your Potential As a Photographer is an ongoing mentoring opportunity; this time round we will be following the structured exercises in the workbook that accompanies my new book as well as working over a period of six months to fulfill our potentials. The initial session is scheduled for March 12-13, 2016.
Achieving Your Potential as a Photographer—2016 Edition
A Multi-Modal Ongoing Six-Month Workshop with Harold Davis
This workshop presents a unique opportunity for mentoring by Harold Davis in the context of a supportive group environment. Each participant will conclude the workshop with a completed project such as a book, portfolio, or planned exhibition.
Harold states, “I am very fortunate to have met some extremely advanced photographers in my workshops and through my books. But many of these individuals are stuck and have not been able to move ahead. If this sounds like you, I believe I can provide you with the tools and structure to help take you to the next level.”
What some participants said in the past about this workshop:
• “Such a wonderful group. I am truly inspired! Thanks, Harold.”
• “Thank you for provided the tools I need to take my photography up not one notch, but many notches, to the next level indeed!”
• “The Achieving Your Potential workshop has had a substantial impact on my photographic journey. Thanks for the mentoring, assistance, and inspiration.”
• “I particularly liked getting feedback from the group and from Harold regarding my goals and progress each month. As opposed to workshops where you just meet for a fixed time and there is no follow-up, Achieving Your Potential provides a well-thought-out and concrete ongoing follow-up mechanism via the webinars.”
Photographing Paris in the Spring with Harold Davis
Click here to download the Reservation Form.
There’s nothing like photographing Paris in the spring! Let’s spend a week together this May making photos in Paris, and having a great time.
Photography begins with the medium of light, which the artist captures and applies to the canvas in endlessly surprising ways. And what better place to explore this medium than Paris, the City of Light?
Join acclaimed photographer Harold Davis for the experience of a lifetime in Paris, the birthplace of photography. There you’ll have the opportunity to experience firsthand the places and sights that have inspired artists for centuries.
We’ll focus our lenses on Paris in bloom, Paris at night, and Paris in black & white, reinterpreting for ourselves some of the images that have been captured in paint and on film by many great artists, including Daguerre, Monet, Atget, Picasso, and Erwitt. We’ll have a grand time photographing and we’ll return home with many priceless shots to treasure!
Photo tour includes an excursion to Monet’s famous gardens at Giverny, with exclusive after-hours artist access.
Harold’s photographs of Paris have appeared in books, exhibitions, and been published worldwide on travel sites.
Here’s what some participants in past Photograph Paris with Harold Davis Workshops had to say:
- “Had an awesome time with Harold and the workshop participants. Itching to go back. If you’re a photographer, Paris at night is a ‘Must Do!’. Put it on your bucket list ‘cause you may not see this in Heaven.”
- “Photographing Paris at night in the company of a group of fellow photographers had instant appeal. Inspired by the scenes of Brassai, I imagined myself at the top of the steps at Montmartre, taking wonderful black-and-white images. I already admired Harold Davis, and had confidence that he would lead us to fantastic places – and he did! What came as a delightful surprise was the level of talent and variety of approaches that my fellow travelers employed to capture the marvelous churches, gardens, and people of Paris, Giverny, and Fontainebleau. I learned from every one of them. And what an agreeable group of travel companions they were! A once-in-a-lifetime experience that I plan to repeat next spring!”
- “Harold has great skill, without the ego of most master photographers. Travel arrangements were perfect.”
- “One thing I really liked about the photo tour that Harold set up is that we had plenty of time to photograph in the best locations, and really prioritized when the light would be good.”
Where: The group will be based the centrally located, luxurious and comfortable 4-star Hôtel de l’Abbaye. The Hôtel de l’Abbaye is on the left bank of the Seine, in the heart of the 6th Arondissment, and is located near many of the prime photographic locations such as the Luxembourg Gardens and San Sulpice..
When: Sunday May 1, 2016 (leave US April 30) to Saturday May 7, 2016 (six nights and seven days).
Group Size: This exclusive, small photo workshop tour is limited to ten photographers (non-photographer significant others are also welcome).