We have only a few spaces open in my upcoming Flower Photography Intensive 4-Day Workshop here In Berkeley California coming next month, June 22-25, 2017. This will be a great time photographing flowers in the field, on the studio, on the light box, and exploring the ins-and-outs of my “special sauce” post-production techniques.
I have a version of this workshop I’ll be leading the first week in August at Maine Media Workshops but otherwise I will not be scheduling Flowers for Transparency again for a long while (at least in the United States), probably not until well into 2018 or 2019. So if my techniques interest you, please take advantage of these opportunities, strategically located on each of the two coasts!
Please also note three other scheduled workshops that still have openings:
- Black and White in San Francisco: A Weekend Workshop with Harold Davis (a weekend workshop September 16-17, 2017)
- Advanced LAB Color Seminar with Harold Davis on Saturday, September 23, 2017
- From iPhone to ART: The Art of iPhoneography (a weekend workshop January 20-21, 2018)
Save the Dates: You may also be interested the continuation of my series of webinars for Topaz Labs, scheduled for Tuesday June 6, 2017 at 2PM. If you are a local photographer, I’d like to invite you to save Thursday November 9, 2017 for the opening of my exhibition at Shoh Gallery here in Berkeley, CA. As always, you can track what I am up to on my Works & Events page and in the Photography with Harold Davis Meetup!
My new book: The Photographer’s Black & White Handbook, has been receiving good reviews from readers and press such as Library Journal, Midwest Review, Popular Photography, and Rangefinder. Click here for my book on Amazon. For your reference, my Author Page on Amazon with info about many of my books and more is amazon.com/author/harold and, if you are interested, here is my biography as a photographer and writer on Wikipedia.
Recent YouTube Videos: As part of the publicity for the book launch I recorded a number of live events, which you may be interested to view on YouTube:
- Harold Davis Talks at Google (The Photographer’s Black & White Handbook and The Zen of Photography)
- Photographing Flowers for Transparency: Harold Davis presents at School of Visual Arts in New York
- Black and White in the Digital Era: Harold Davis presents at B&H Photo via YouTube
Best wishes to all in photography and creativity!