Capture the spectacular sights of Iceland beneath the Midnight Sun on this 12-day summer photography workshop. We will visit the iconic sites of the South Coast, the Eastfjords and the North, including Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon, Lake Mývatn, the far-flung Highlands and the newest picturesque fissure volcanoes in the Geldingadalur region. The trip includes a unique opportunity for aerial photography of the active volcano (optional).
Along the way we will encounter beautiful wildlife including puffins and sweet Icelandic horses. As we are guided to the hidden landscapes of Iceland with our cameras, we will discover spectacular places that are seldom visited.
- Trip dates: July 14-25, 2021 (Twelve days and eleven nights)
- Size: Very small photography group: Minimum 6, Maximum 8
- Vaccination: Proof of Covid-19 vaccination required.
- Itinerary: We will combine a visit to the remote summer Highlands with touring the Ring Route waterfalls and other attractions. Day-by-day details are in the full trip description.
- Volcano: This cannot be guaranteed, but we are planning an optional aerial helicopter photo session of Mount Fagradalsfjall (which started erupting in March!)
- Inclusions: Professional photo local guide, photography mentoring opportunity with Harold, transportation in a comfortable vehicle, accommodation in hotels and guesthouses (rooms with private bathrooms), and all meals. Detailed inclusions and exclusions are in the full trip description.
- Cost: $8,995 per person. Single supplement is $1,100. Optional helicopter photography of the volcano is $1,250 additional per person. $1,000 deposit required for reservation, with balance due May 15, 2021.