Achieving Your Potential as a Digital Photographer
A Multi-Modal Ongoing Six-Month Workshop with Harold Davis
Overview: A unique, structured and ongoing workshop opportunity to overcome resistance and become the best artist and photographer you can be, under the guidance of one of today’s premier working photographers and bestselling author Harold Davis.
When: Beginning March 15 and 16, 2014, and ongoing thereafter (see workshop description)
What: This workshop presents a unique opportunity for mentoring by Harold Davis in the context of a supportive group environment. Each participant will conclude the workshop with a completed project such as a book, portfolio, or planned exhibition.
Harold states, “I am very fortunate to have met some extremely advanced photographers in my workshops and through my books. But many of these individuals are stuck and have not been able to move ahead. If this sounds like you, I believe I can provide you with the tools and structure to help take you to the next level.”
This workshop provides a platform for ongoing mentoring. Customized individual assignments will be given. After the initial intensive two-day in-person session, we will keep in touch with monthly private group online webinars and individual phone or email consultations. A final dinner to review work and celebrate our progress will be provided at the conclusion of the workshop.
Who this workshop is for: Advanced amateur and semi-pro photographers who want to take their work to the next level, either as a means to make money, or simply for personal satisfaction.
Suggested Reading and Curriculum: A reading list and curriculum will be provided to participants in advance of the workshop. There will be a pre-workshop assignment.
Registration Process and Prerequisites: Admission is by portfolio review only. To be considered for this workshop opportunity:
- Please add your name to the waiting list for the Achieving Your Potential As a Digital Photographer on Meetup.
- Next, email Harold no more than six low resolution JPEGs of your work. A link to an online portfolio can be substituted for the JPEGs. Include in your email a two or three sentence summary of what you would like to get out of the workshop. You can find Harold’s email address by clicking here.
- If you are accepted in the workshop, we will send you an invoice for payment so you can complete enrollment. Note that payment plan in three installments is possible if that works better for you (see below, please let us know if you would like this option).
- Questions? Please feel free to contact us, and we’ll do our best to help!
Where: The in-person sessions will be hosted in the San Francisco Bay area. The monthly online webinar meetings will be scheduled as best suits the group, with individual phone conferences scheduled at the convenience of Harold and the participant.
What is included: An initial two-day intensive in-person workshop, six monthly private online group webinars, individual telephone or email consultations with Harold, and a final celebratory dinner in a private room at a Bay area restaurant.
Cost: Tuition is $1,245.00 per person. A three installment payment plan is available ($445 on acceptance, $400 January 1, 2014, and $400 March 1, 2014). Workshop is limited to a maximum of 12 participants. The final dinner is included in the cost.
- What folks have said about Harold Davis workshops and events:
- “A great artist and speaker!”—W. Anglin
- “Harold is genuine, generous, and gracious – He has a world of knowledge and expertise that he loves to share – his wonderful books show his monumental talents and skill set- his workshops shows the depth of his connecting with others in a very real and personal way.”—P. Borrelli
- “Awesome! He patiently addressed questions from the audience which contained photographers of all levels , molding his answers to the level of understanding for each of us. His presentations covered a wonderful range of technical knowledge as well as emphasizing the need for images to have an emotional quality. The images he shares are breathtaking and he is generous in sharing many facets of how he captures such beauty.”—J. Phillips
- “Not all photographers are good verbal communicators. Harold is someone who can DO and TEACH. A rare combination of talents.”—B. Sawyer
- “He was very giving of his talents and time. The course was very organized and thorough. Loved it! Learned so much! … I also wanted to let you know that I have more than paid the cost of the workshops I’ve done with you by selling some photos! I have sold three prints already.”—L. Beck
- “Very creative and a marvelous instructor.”—Kay S.
About Harold Davis: Harold Davis is a well-known digital artist and award-winning professional photographer. He is the author of many photography books. His most recent titles are The Way of the Digital Photographer (Peachpit) and Monochromatic HDR Photography (Focal Press).
In addition to his activity as a bestselling book author, Harold is a featured columnist for Photo.net. He has been acknowledged as a Moab Master printmaker and is known as a Master Printer. His limited edition artist book Botanique was featured most recently in Fine Art Printing, the only magazine devoted exclusively to fine art photographic printmaking. Harold’s work is widely collected, licensed by art publishers, and has appeared in numerous magazines and other publications.
Harold’s technique and destination photography workshops to such diverse locations as Paris, France; Heidelberg, Germany; and the ancient Bristlecone Pines of the eastern Sierra Nevada are widely popular and usually sell out quickly.