Full Moon Golden Gate Workshops in June 2013
I’m pleased to announce two new June sessions of our Full Moon Workshop: Photograph the Golden Gate Bridge Like You Never Have Before.
Saturday June 22 (two spaces available), information and registration: http://www.meetup.com/Harold-Davis/events/110974782/
Sunday June 23 (four spaces available), information and registration: http://www.meetup.com/Harold-Davis/events/110975982/
What participants have said about previous Harold Davis full moon Golden Gate workshops:
- “The workshop was wonderful!!! Harold is a fantastic teacher and photographer. I love the small group size as it allows everyone to ask questions and get the help they need to learn.”
- “Fun, informative, well organized. I had good time and got some great photos. Harold really knows where to go to get the shots you want.”
- “Very helpful to have the evening planned on where to go and what settings might work.”
- “Very enjoyable and informative session….Shooting the bridge after sunset resulted in spectacular images, as did the reflections of moonlight on the water.”
- “What a great experience! The small group, the individual attention from Harold, the incedible locations, and to top it all off – the most perfect weather anyone could possibly want surrounding the Golden Gate Bridge. The entire event was so well organized and executed.”
Night Photography Webinars
Two new Harold Davis webinars of interest specifically to night photographers, sponsored by Star Circle Academy, are now open for registration.
Thursday April 18, 2013 at 6:30PM PT, Composition in Night Photography, details and registration: http://events.starcircleacademy.com/events/110719152/
This webinar addresses the compositional issues that are unique to night photography with the goal of helping you to create stunning night photos. Topics addressed include:
- Understanding the wide range of possible night photography targets
- Using underexposure to your benefit
- Knowing when “day for night” is right
- Solving “unsolvable” night photography exposure problems
- Using exposure time as an element in creative night photo compositions
- Creating riveting and compelling night photography images
Thursday May 23, 2013 at 6:30 PM PT, Creative Night Photography Post-Production, details and registration: http://events.starcircleacademy.com/events/110716882/
Remembering Jack Tasoff
We are sponsoring a free photo shoot in honor of the memory of Jack Tasoff, a member of the Photography with Harold Davis Meetup group, on Sunday June 2, 2013. If you knew Jack, or just want to honor his memory doing something he loved (photographing animals) please consider joining us. Details: http://www.meetup.com/Harold-Davis/events/110726082/. Read more about Jack Tasoff on my blog.
Seeing the Light © Harold Davis
Photographing Flowers for Transparency (two-day workshop)
Master photographer Harold Davis is well-known for his often imitated—but seldom equaled—digital images of luscious transparent and translucent flowers.
In this unique workshop offering master photographer Harold Davis shows the techniques he uses to create his floral masterpieces. Arrangement, composition, photography, post-production will all be covered, as will Harold’s special techniques for shooting on a light box. In response to many requests, this workshop has been expanded to two days to allow participants to fully shoot and post-process their own images under Harold’s guidance. Limited to sixteen participants.
Saturday December 7, 2013 and Sunday December 8, 2013; We have folks coming from all over the country for this workshop here in Berkeley, California, but there are still some spaces left. Registration and info: http://www.meetup.com/Harold-Davis/events/96580162/
What folks have said about Harold Davis workshops and events:
- “A great artist and speaker!”—W. Anglin
- “Harold is genuine, generous, and gracious – He has a world of knowledge and expertise that he loves to share – his wonderful books show his monumental talents and skill set- his workshops shows the depth of his connecting with others in a very real and personal way.”—P. Borrelli
- “Awesome! He patiently addressed questions from the audience which contained photographers of all levels , molding his answers to the level of understanding for each of us. His presentations covered a wonderful range of technical knowledge as well as emphasizing the need for images to have an emotional quality. The images he shares are breathtaking and he is generous in sharing many facets of how he captures such beauty.”—J. Phillips
- “Not all photographers are good verbal communicators. Harold is someone who can DO and TEACH. A rare combination of talents.”—B. Sawyer
- “He was very giving of his talents and time. The course was very organized and thorough. Loved it! Learned so much!”—L. Beck
- “Very creative and a marvelous instructor.”—Kay S.
About Harold Davis: Harold Davis is a professional photographer whose work is widely admired and collected. He is the author of many bestselling photography books. Harold Davis is a Moab printmaking Master. To learn more: